"A Breath of Fresh Air"
This is actually a Febreze slogan. I thought a breath of fresh air was actually that, a breath of fresh REAL air. The label should read: "A breath of mildly toxic perfumes and ethanol vapor".
Last time I checked, a breath of fresh air did not do any of these things listed on the Febreze MSDS.
*Mild gastrointestinal irritation with nausea & vomiting, and diarrhea.
*Inhalation of high concentrations of ethanol vapor can cause drowsiness, and irritation of respiratory tract.
*Use protective goggles and gloves during spill clean up.
This may not seem too bad to some of you but, there are better solutions for the smell you are trying to mask.
- Quit smoking.
- Take out your trash.
- Open your windows.
- Clean your house.
- Wash your pets and their bedding.
-If you have done all of these things and there is still a stink wafting around your home and your clothes, you could make your own fabric deodorizing spray and or potpourri to simmer on the stove.
- Spray bottle of any size (as always, I'm using an 8 oz bottle)
- 1 tsp (or more if using larger bottle) baking soda (absorbs odor)
- 5 drops essential oil of your choosing (geranium is great for removing doggy odor)
- Water, or vodka (vodka is a another great odor eliminator)
-Mix in bottle and spray on your couch, carpet, clothes, dog bed, or anywhere that needs "a breath of fresh air".
You could also make some potpourri to simmer on the stove.
Here are some delightful blends to try:
- Sweet Mint:(smells like summertime)- 2 Sliced limes, 1 tsp. Vanilla extract, 2 drops peppermint essential oil
- Autumn Spice- ( warm, and comforting aroma) 1 Sliced Orange, 5 Cinnamon Sticks, 2 tbs. Cloves
- Gingerbread- (a cozy holiday smell) 5 pieces of thinly sliced ginger, 1 tsp. almond extract, 3 cinnamon sticks.
- Woodland Wonderland- (smells like clean, fresh, earthy air) 4 sprigs rosemary, 1 tsp vanilla extract, a sliced lemon.
-Drop ingredients into simmer pot filled with water, and simmer on low. If you see that the water is evaporating, refill. No need to discard ingredients. The aroma will stay intact.
*You can also use essential oils as a substitute for any of these.